Announcing this year’s 2 Pages/2 Voices winners:
Playing With Fire, by Jeffery W. Jones
Swipe Right, by Jeremy Sarachan
Just the Same as You and Me, by Katherine Varga
Santa Doesn’t Smoke, by Misty Yarnall
It’s Raining Outside, by Blake Arin Lombardo
The Coat of Mount Valier, by Barbara Murphy
555-TELL, by Melissa Pheterson
The Times Are a’Changin’, by Bill Capossere
Going to Extremes, by Scott Seifritz
The Meeting, by C.A. Martin
Each year, Writers & Books and Geva Theatre Center partner to present 2 Pages/2 Voices, an evening of short plays written by area writers and performed by area actors in Writers & Books’ intimate theater. When we say short, we mean short. Each play is no longer than two pages in length and features a maximum of two characters.
The program begins with an open call for submissions in November 2019 and culminates with public performances on Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
Submission Guidelines, 2019-20
- Submission Dates: December 1, 2019 – January 3, 2020, 11:59 pm
- Submission Portal: email@example.com
- Eligible Manuscripts: Each play should be no more than 2 pages long, involve no more than two characters and include the 2020 prompt word, ‘fire.’
Plays submitted in past years may be resubmitted if significant work has been done on the script.
- Eligible Playwrights: Individuals currently or formerly living in the six-county region of Monroe, Livingston, Wayne, Ontario, and Genesee, NY.
Please Note: Selected playwrights must be available to attend the reading and rehearsal for the reading.
Selection Panel: Geva Theatre Center and Writers & Books Staff
- Friday, January 3, 2020: Final day to submit
- Tuesday, January 14: Selected playwrights notified
- Tuesday, January 21, 8 pm: Staged readings by professional actors at Writers & Books
Questions: Email Alexa Scott-Flaherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.