Competition | Online Live Zoom Performance
Submission Window: Monday, March 1 – Friday, May 21, 2021, 11:59 pm EST
Notification of Selectees: Friday, May 28, 2021, by email
Performance Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 over Zoom, hosted by Writers & Books
Writers & Books and Geva Theatre Center annually partner to present 2 Pages/2 Voices, an evening of short plays written by area writers and read by area actors. This year, due to the pandemic, 2 Pages/2Voices will be presented as a live zoom performance.
Writers of all levels of experience are invited to submit short plays to this competition, and may submit more than one play. Several plays will be selected.
Eligibility: Currently reside in the 6-county Greater Rochester area.
- Each play must be no more than two pages in length and include no more than two characters. (Submitter’s name may not appear on this document.)
- At some point in the play, the word “care” must be included–as a noun or verb and with any of its multiple meanings. “Care” has been selected to resonate with Writers & Books’ 2021 programmatic theme, “Taking Care.”
- Font size must be at least 11 points. Files accepted: Word and PDF documents.
- Name, address, phone number, and email address must be provided on a separate cover page.
- Submitting playwrights should take into account the fact that plays will be performed over zoom, a site where actors cannot touch or interact as they would on stage. Creativity in adapting to the virtual platform is encouraged.
Submit scripts and separate cover sheets to: email@example.com
Please contact Alexa Scott-Flaherty at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.