Competition | Online Live Zoom Performance
We want to thank everyone for submitting to 2 Pages/2 Voices. We had 54 submissions and it was incredibly challenging to choose out of such interesting and varied scripts. We hope you will join us to watch the performance at 8:00 on Wednesday, June 16, 2021 over Zoom, hosted by Writers & Books.
Ganglion Cyst, by David Kensek
I Cheer You Up, by Scott Evans
Zoomed If You Do, by Jeffery W. Jones
I Don’t Care, by Fess Ardrahan
Hello. This is Kevin., by Hank Shaw
Terms and Conditions, by Robert Shelton
Existential Crisis, by Scott Seifritz
Skypemare, by Maggie Symington
Passages, by Paula Shanley Marchese
Stand, by Jeanne Swartele-Wood
Submission Window: Monday, March 1 – Friday, May 21, 2021, 11:59 pm EST
Notification of Selectees: Friday, May 28, 2021, by email
Performance Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 over Zoom, hosted by Writers & Books
Writers & Books and Geva Theatre Center annually partner to present 2 Pages/2 Voices, an evening of short plays written by area writers and read by area actors. This year, due to the pandemic, 2 Pages/2Voices will be presented as a live zoom performance.
Writers of all levels of experience are invited to submit short plays to this competition, and may submit more than one play. Several plays will be selected.
Eligibility: Currently reside in the 6-county Greater Rochester area.
- Each play must be no more than two pages in length and include no more than two characters. (Submitter’s name may not appear on this document.)
- At some point in the play, the word “care” must be included–as a noun or verb and with any of its multiple meanings. “Care” has been selected to resonate with Writers & Books’ 2021 programmatic theme, “Taking Care.”
- Font size must be at least 11 points. Files accepted: Word and PDF documents.
- Name, address, phone number, and email address must be provided on a separate cover page.
- Submitting playwrights should take into account the fact that plays will be performed over zoom, a site where actors cannot touch or interact as they would on stage. Creativity in adapting to the virtual platform is encouraged.
Submit scripts and separate cover sheets to: email@example.com
Please contact Alexa Scott-Flaherty at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.