Thank you for your interest in joining our Writers & Books family and helping us promote reading and writing as lifelong activities in Rochester and beyond. We’re delighted that you’d like to help Writers & Books thrive and continue to inspire generations of readers and writers for many years to come.
Why volunteer with us?
- Be involved; connect with and help build community
- Gain insight on what it’s like to work in the arts-and-culture field
- Learn new skills and add to your resume
- Stay inspired and creative in your own artistic pursuits
- Meet fellow literary arts lovers
- Discount on bookstore purchases on the day one volunteers: 10% for GP, 15% for members
- Event wranglers: complimentary admission to the event one is wrangling
- Experiential perks
What can volunteers do?
Our four committees help keep Writers & Books humming along. Please read more by clicking on the links below.
Or read more information on becoming a Volunteer Committee Chair.
We also welcome other skills and talents that don’t fit existing committee descriptions. Please let us know how you can best contribute by: emailing a copy of your CV, resume, or bio, along with a brief proposal to Rachael Kisenyi, Community Outreach Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to be a volunteer