Thank you for your interest in joining the Writers & Books (WAB) family and advancing our mission to promote reading and writing as lifelong activities in Rochester and beyond.
Events at WAB are an essential part of engaging our community with the literary arts. We’re delighted that you’d like to help make our events successful and inspirational.
The tasks listed below are some of the ways in which you can participate. As you consider which activities appeal to you, please keep in mind that WAB delivers a number of recurring events that roll out annually, in addition to one-off opportunities. Thanks again and a warm welcome from us to you!
- Procure and transport decorations, materials, and refreshments as per event budget
- Transport guest authors, panelists or keynote speakers to and from events
- Support event set up and break down (chairs, tables, equipment, decorations, etc)
- Receive guests and direct them to event or information desk(s)
- Staff refreshments or information tables as needed
- Distribute and collect evaluations
- Support ticketing as needed
- Keep a headcount of attendees
- Enter responses to evaluation questions into WAB’s database
- Enjoy interacting with the public
- Enjoy being part of a team, as well as working solo
- Must have a means of transportation
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Have a functioning mobile phone
Time Commitment: 3hrs per event (usually from 6:00 – 9:00pm)
Reports to: Director of Communications & Special Events