Thank you for your interest in joining the Writers & Books (WAB) family and advancing our mission to promote reading and writing as lifelong activities in Rochester and beyond.
We strive to serve Rochester residents with public events and programs that spark conversations and celebrate the joys, as well as examine the challenges of living together in community. This is where the PR Street Crew comes in. We need your help promoting Writers & Books’ opportunities in the neighborhoods you know and love.
The tasks below are some of the ways in which you can participate. And if running through the streets isn’t for you, you can still be an active member of the PR Street Crew from the comfort of your own home - by posting our events on your own social media. Thanks again, and a warm welcome from us to you!
- Chalk sidewalks and put up posters in your locality
- Distribute flyers and brochures to local businesses near you
- Share our events on your social media account(s)
- Share feedback and suggestions with Director of Communication & Special Events and/or Volunteer Committee Chair
- Avid reader
- Enjoys networking and interacting with the public
- Detail oriented
- Internet savvy
- Must have a means of transportation
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Have a functioning mobile phone
Time Commitment: 3-6 hours monthly
Reports to: Director of Communications and Special Events