Thank you for your interest in joining the Writers & Books (WAB) family and advancing our mission to promote reading and writing as lifelong activities in Rochester and beyond. We value our dedicated volunteers who contribute time and talent to making our operation and events run smoothly. The Volunteer Committee Chair orients, mentors, supervises, and inspires the members of their team. The responsibilities listed below are in addition to those outlined in the specialized committee descriptions.
If this position interests you, please send your resume, CV, or bio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks again, and we look forward to hearing from you.
- Conduct volunteer orientation and training
- Εnsure that WAB’s mission is clearly communicated to volunteers and the public
- Meet with WAB staff to discuss projects and timelines, give feedback, and plan
- Assign responsibilities to, produce schedules for, and supervise VC members
- Support WAB’s volunteer recognition events
- Maintain accurate records and report on volunteer participation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Google Docs; monday.com is a plus
- Possess own transportation and have a valid driver’s license
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- 12-16 hours per month
Reports to: Community Outreach Coordinator