FRONT DESK OFFICE MANAGER
*Temporary position – Mid March through July
We are looking for a Front Desk Office Manager for 30-35 hours/week with potential for more hours June through August. Regular work hours for the position are 9:45am-5:15pm on Mondays, 10:45am-5:15pm Tuesday through Friday. Summer hours (June through August) are 8:45am-3:45pm.
The Front Desk Office Manager is responsible for being the primary initial contact at Writers & Books: answering telephone calls from prospective workshop participants, answering and sending emails in a timely manner, and keeping accurate records in our database.
- Greets and receives visitors, ascertains nature of business, and guides visitors to destination.
- Answers, screens, and routes incoming calls and emails and takes and distributes messages as needed.
- Receives and distributes mail to correct personnel.
- Receives, inputs, and manages workshop and event registrations, contributions, and memberships through database system.
- Processes and keeps track of credit card, checks, and cash payments.
- Maintains cash register balance.
- Maintains organized front desk and filing system.
- Manages calendar of events and workshops and keeps track of classroom usage.
- Organizes bookstore as needed and sells books.
- Managing book sales and registrations at offsite events.
- Maintains and orders office supplies and postage.
- Communicates tasks to evening and weekend Front Desk staff.
- Coordinates Front Desk staffing for events or workshops outside regular business hours.
- Signs off on and receives room rental and consignment book agreements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Successful candidate will have a knowledge of FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Office, Google docs, or an ability to learn
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively and personably via telephone and email
- Ability to work independently and creatively
- Knowledge of HTML coding, databases, and WordPress a plus
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com