While our doors at 740 University Avenue are closed, you can stay connected with us and one another.
Online writing camps for kids ages 5 and up all summer long!
Your order drop-shipped to your door! Eat, sleep, and read local.
April – June | 12:30 – 2 pm | Ages 13 – 17
With schools closed until next September, we have extended our Write on for Homeschoolers camp to a 10-week program. Students are encouraged to create and share work while receiving constructive suggestions for growth. Pull up a chair and join the class! Scholarships available.
You’re invited to share your favorite poems or a chapter from your favorite novel on our YouTube channel (PG and in the public domain only, please). With the audio feature of your mobile phone, simply make a 5-to-10 minute recording, then email email@example.com for information on sending us the file.
WAYS TO HELP
In closing our doors to the public, we’re doing our part to help flatten the COVID-19 curve. The health of our friends, community members, and staff is paramount. At the same time, this necessary decision imposes a financial hardship. You can help us meet payroll, keep our brilliant teaching artists employed, and deliver enriching virtual programs and opportunities. Acts to consider:
- Become a member or renew your membership today.
- Make an unrestricted tax-deductible donation.
- If you withdraw from a class, convert the balance of your fee to a donation: email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Donation.”
- Think of Ampersand, our indie bookstore, when you’re ready for your next read: we’re thrilled to order any book in print and deliver it to your door.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and repost our news.
With gratitude and wishing you safe harbor,
Writers & Books Staff