October 28 @ EST 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm$75
Workshops are conducted EST via Zoom, a virtual platform that allows you to participate in exercises and contribute to group conversation. To participate, please register by the deadline using the ticket portal below, or go to Scholarships. Zoom links are emailed to registered participants as follows:
- Morning and Noon Workshops: Link is sent on the day/evening before the class starts.
- Afternoon Workshops: Link is sent one hour before the workshop starts.
- Evening Workshops: Link is sent on the evening of the workshop between 5:15 pm and one hour before the workshop starts.
Member Price: $65
Deadline to Register: October 28, 5 pm
Instructor: Nina Wolpow
This special topic workshop will focus on surrealist short fiction by zeroing in on surrealism as a slight, often barely perceptible, change in every-day circumstances. Using a real news story, we will produce our own surrealist short story ideas by slightly augmenting the truth, and discuss the implications of doing so.
- Leonora Carrington, “The Beloved”
- Carmen Maria Machado, “The Husband Stitch”
- excerpts from Kafka’s The Metamorphosis
Nina Wolpow is a writer in New York. She is pursuing her MFA in Creative Writing from Columbia University. Her nonfiction work has been published by Vox, Refinery29, BuzzFeed, Teen Vogue, Rolling Stone, and Bon Appétit.