Omar El Akkad will be in Rochester from March 26 – 30. Mark your calendars and join us as we turn Rochester into a giant book club!
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
- 1:00-2:00 pm – Author Omar El Akkad talks live in studio with host Evan Dawson and local callers on “Connections” WXXI Radio—1370 AM Free. To join the conversation call (585) 263-WXXI (263-9994).
- 5:30-7:00 pm – A Novel Evening with Omar El Akkad Location provided with tickets; space for this intimate event is very limited Tickets are $75 each. To purchase tickets call (585) 473-2590 x107.
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
- 12:00-1:30 pm – Central Library of Rochester & Monroe County, Kate Gleason Auditorium 115 South Ave.ROCHESTER (sponsored by Friends & Foundation of the Rochester Public Library) Free. No registration required. For more information call (585) 428-8350 or email Susan.Lusignan@libraryweb.org.
- 4:00-5:30 pm – Nazareth College Linehan Chapel, Golisano Academic Center, 4245 East Avenue PITTSFORD Free. No registration required. For more information email email@example.com.
- 7:00-9:30 pm – *This event will be ASL interpreted Penfield Public Library, 1985 Baird Rd. PENFIELD Free but registration required beginning March 1. To register or for more information call (585) 340-8720.
Thursday, March 28, 2019
- ALL DAY Omar El Akkad Twitter Takeover Look for Omar’s tweets all day signed “#OEARR”
- 10:30-11:45 am – Wood Library, 134 N. Main St. CANANDAIGUA Free. No registration required. For more information call (585) 394-1381.
- 12:45-2:00 pm – Finger Lakes Community College, Stage 14, 3325 Marvin Sands Dr. CANANDAIGUA Free for students/$2 general public. No registration required. For more information call (585) 785-1367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3:30-5:00 pm – SUNY Geneseo, Tower Room, 1 College Cir. GENESEO Free. No registration required. For more information call (585) 245-5591 or email email@example.com.
- 7:30-9:00 pm – Greece Public Library, 2 Vince Tofany Blvd.GREECE Free but registration required. For more information or to register call (585) 225-8951 or visit www.greecepubliclibrary.org.
Friday, March 29, 2019
- 10:00-11:30 am – Victor Town Hall, 85 E. Main St. VICTOR (sponsored by Victor Farmington Library) Free and open to the public. For information call (585) 924-2637. Registration encouraged through www.victorfarmingtonlibrary.org.
- 12:00-1:00 pm – Monroe Community College, R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center, Monroe A and B
1000 Henrietta Road HENRIETTA (parking in Lot M) Free and open to the public. Tickets available at www.monroecctickets.com. For information call (585) 292-2534.
- 3:00-4:30 pm – Valley Manor, 1570 East Ave. ROCHESTER Free but registration required. To register or for more information call (585) 770-1956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6:00-7:30 pm – St. John Fisher College Cleary Auditorium, “Omar El Akkad speaks on “The obligations of literature in a politically fractured age” 3690 East Avenue PITTSFORD Free. No registration required. For more information call (585) 385-8078 or email email@example.com.
Saturday, March 30, 2019
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Master Class with Omar El Akkad at Writers & Books, 740 University Ave. ROCHESTER $45 W&B members/$50 general public. Space is very limited. To register call (585) 473-2590, x107.