Two college-age interns have the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic environment and build their professional resumes. They gain valuable experience in youth arts education, literary programming, youth development, evaluative practices, and data management; and are exposed to the daily operations of a nonprofit arts organization. These are ideal positions for aspiring educators, writers, or individuals interested in exploring a career in the arts or non-profit sector.
Deadline to Apply: March 31, 2023
Schedule: Mid-June to mid-August, 2023, 20-35 hours/week Monday-Friday, flexible hours
Location: Writers & Books, 740 University Avenue, Rochester, NY
Stipends: $500-$1,500 stipend, contingent on hours
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 and agree to a background check.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Youth Education Associate and SummerWrite Coordinators, interns assist with the many operational, administrative, and communications functions of SummerWrite, Writers & Books’ reading and writing youth camps for K-12. Week-long camps feature a range of literary and social justice topics, such as Harry Potter, fantasy & fiction, creating diverse characters, Deaf Lens, playwriting, poetry, Shakespeare, and more.
- Prepare and distribute program evaluations to all constituents
- Compile, format, and review program evaluation data
- Create and manage regular posts on the SummerWrite blog and other social media
- Prepare and send weekly Constant Contact to families of program participants
- Compile and format student anthologies
- Assist with student supervision during the lunch hour
- Assist with classroom set-up and break-down
- Other activities as needed
- Commitment to Writers & Books’ mission, values, and JEDAI goals
- Demonstrated interest in the literary arts and/or youth education
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible within a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Facility with or ready to learn Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Canva, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey