Spring Catalog Now Available
Rochester, NY: The Spring 2014 course catalog is now available both electronically and in print. Catalogs have been distributed to libraries, shops & cafés in the Rochester area.
Locations include, but are not limited to:
- Spot Coffee
- Equal Grounds
- The Village Gate
- Starry Nites Café
- Coffee Connection
- Rochester college libraries
A PDF of the catalog is available at http://wab.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/spring2014catalogforweb.pdf
The catalog is packed with courses on fiction, nonfiction, poetry, business writing, reading seminars and more.
Highlights from the Spring 2014 Catalog:
- The return of Writing Aerobics! – 7 separate Saturdays, April – May. Impromptu writing exercises lead by different Writers & Books teaching artists.
- Getting Started in Children’s Books, Part 1 & 2 – 2 Saturdays, May 31 & June 7. Sign up for both, or one or the other. Workshop covers everything from unique challenges and opportunities of the field to the publishing process, agents and more.
- Introduction to Form Poetry – 4 Tuesdays, June 3 – June 24. Create your own pantoum, rondel or villanelle. Read famous works as a class and write your own poetry.
- Reading Seminar: Love in the Time of Cholera – 8 Wednesdays, April 30 – June 18. Examine the themes of love, aging and death as well as the author’s use of magic realism within the text.
For more information on the Spring catalog or on special & reoccurring events held at Writers & Books between April and June contact the Front Desk at (585) 473-2590 ext 107.