We’ve moved online! All workshops will be conducted through Zoom, an interactive platform that allows you to participate in exercises and contribute to group conversation. The day before your workshop, you’ll receive an email with a link to your Zoom session.
Writers & Books is now offering a variety of virtual programs for youth ages 7-17 on weekdays in May & June:
One-time classes are one or two hours long, and offer a variety of topics from poetry and journaling to theatre and even Raina Telgemeier's graphic novel Guts!
Multi-session classes are one-hour long and happen once a week for 2-4 weeks. Topics include poetry, reimagining stories, and collaborations with Flower City Arts Center combining images and words.
Drop-In sessions are one-to-two hours long and take place many times, with different curriculum each time. Students can attend one, a couple, or all, and can join in any week, whether they attended previous sessions or not. Topics include defense against the dark arts, improv, building narrative skills, and stories to grow on.
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS, FEES
If a course fails to meet the minimum registration, it will be cancelled and full tuition refunded. We make every effort to notify you 72 hours in advance.
• Requests for refunds must be received in writing at office@wab. org.
• If you withdraw from a class at least three business days before the first meeting, you will receive a full refund minus a 15% processing fee.
• The following deadlines apply:
• Mini Workshops, Special Topic Classes, Master Classes, and Gell Intensives: Tuition, minus 25%, is refundable when request is received 24 hours before the first session. Thereafter, refunds will not be issued.
• Six-Week Workshops: Tuition, minus 25%, is refundable after the first class meeting. Thereafter, refunds will not be issued. Tuition will not be pro-rated for missed classes.
• A $30 fee is charged for bad checks.